Blog award and personalizing history.......
While the whole of America was celebrating Independence day on 4th of July, and the rest of the world watching the fireworks, I was celebrating a small milestone in my blogging history. That's the day when my dear blogger friend Uma awarded my blog the lovely and inspiring blogs award. Actually my blog was a passive one for a long time, rarely updated or visited. It's only this year that I've come back to it more often. So a big heartfelt thankyou, Uma, I am really touched. Uma is a very inspiring blogger whose every word is handpicked and chiselled and fitted into lovely compositions and lyrical posts.
And later another blog pal, Divya, who is a young blogger who writes heartfelt posts with strong convictions, nominated me again. Thank you Divya.
Displaying them rather proudly -
There are a set of rules with these awards - state 7 random facts about yourself.
1. I am my happiest best when I have a little something to worry about, like a dog with a bone.
2. A lot of people think I am a snob, but actually I am shy or just preoccupied. When you get me started though, I can't stop talking and you have to beg me to stop.
3. For all my professed shyness and construed snobbery, I have struck random friendships at the most unexpected places. And if I sense someone is feeling lost/lonely I would go up to them and strike up a conversation. Talk about contradictions, that's me.
4. I love embroidery. It calms my mind.
5. I don't have a ear for music so I am forever looking for recommendations for songs and music. Most of the times, it is words and the rhyme over the tune for me. A big no to loud or rap music though.
6. I love to cook, though I am not a great or a consistent cook.
7. I wear my watch all the time and always carry a pen in my purse. I also don't like to lend my pen to people because for some really crazy reason I believe some magic goes. No logic here, sorry :-)
Now the difficult part, to nominate some bloggers for this award. The one's I'd like to award this to have already been nominated, for example, Divya, Aparna and Uma herself. So to avoid starting a mini-mutual admiration club I am nominating other blogs I also enjoy reading. And a note to myself to read some more.
1. The Gal Next Door
2. Smitha
3. Sujatha
4. Kavita
5. Unmana
6. Techie2Mom
And later another blog pal, Divya, who is a young blogger who writes heartfelt posts with strong convictions, nominated me again. Thank you Divya.
Displaying them rather proudly -
There are a set of rules with these awards - state 7 random facts about yourself.
1. I am my happiest best when I have a little something to worry about, like a dog with a bone.
2. A lot of people think I am a snob, but actually I am shy or just preoccupied. When you get me started though, I can't stop talking and you have to beg me to stop.
3. For all my professed shyness and construed snobbery, I have struck random friendships at the most unexpected places. And if I sense someone is feeling lost/lonely I would go up to them and strike up a conversation. Talk about contradictions, that's me.
4. I love embroidery. It calms my mind.
5. I don't have a ear for music so I am forever looking for recommendations for songs and music. Most of the times, it is words and the rhyme over the tune for me. A big no to loud or rap music though.
6. I love to cook, though I am not a great or a consistent cook.
7. I wear my watch all the time and always carry a pen in my purse. I also don't like to lend my pen to people because for some really crazy reason I believe some magic goes. No logic here, sorry :-)
Now the difficult part, to nominate some bloggers for this award. The one's I'd like to award this to have already been nominated, for example, Divya, Aparna and Uma herself. So to avoid starting a mini-mutual admiration club I am nominating other blogs I also enjoy reading. And a note to myself to read some more.
1. The Gal Next Door
2. Smitha
3. Sujatha
4. Kavita
5. Unmana
6. Techie2Mom


Are you a Virgoan? You sound like one! embriodery, huh? Dio you still do it? It's a dying art nowadays, maybe it requires too much work in this day and age.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading ur tag :)
I totally get #2, used to be like that (shy but seemed like a snob). Have made some changes over the years (with difficulty) and hopefully not too many people think I am a snob nowadays :)
Yes I am a Virgo! Embroidery, wouldn't call it a dying art! Yes, working on something for my Aunt but have left it back at Mom's place, have to ask them to send it to me here!! Well, Virgo's aren't so bad as Linda Goodman makes them out to be, I think :-)
DeleteI knew it!!! Hey, I'm a virgo too, i think they rock :)
Delete:-):-):-)
DeleteHey loved reading more about you..point 2 and 3 does sound a little like me.
ReplyDeleteAnd, Vibha, you have elevated me to a high pedestal by those flattering words for my writing- I really don't think am worth all that for there are really some great writers around and am just a small speck in the spectrum. Am humbled and grateful to you for believing in me. A big Thanks :-))
Congrats to all the nominees..I do read all of you and you guys are gr8!
Hey Uma, there are a lot of bloggers who blog on variety of subjects, yes. But I admire you for your style, it is indeed unique. You are welcome :-)
DeleteBtw, uma i agree with chatty wren :)
DeleteI love embroidery too! And I was someone who used to wear a watch all the time at one point..stopped doing it 2 years back :D :D
ReplyDeleteYou love embroidery too!! nice to know! I feel lost w/out my watch!
DeleteI used to do lot of embroidery and stitching, but not any more.Nice to know more about you..and congrats for the award!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Renuji, yes I learnt a bit from my grandmother, wish I had learnt a lot more. Here, in Belgium, I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of women knitting, crocheting etc still.
DeleteMy first time here. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the award. I am so glad to know you enjoy reading my blog.
Loved knowing more about the person behind the blog. Specially points no. 2 and 3. I am exactly like that, and know exactly what you mean by these two points.
Wow @ embroidery. I don't know anyone who does it!!
Welcome GND! Thanks for visiting! Hmm, in my growing up years, embroidery and such stuff was a very nice way of passing time in the hot summer holidays.
DeleteHey, Congratulations :)
ReplyDelete"And if I sense someone is feeling lost/lonely I would go up to them and strike up a conversation." That's beautiful :)
"I love to cook, though I am not a great or a consistent cook" same here :)
Thanks for the award :)
Thanks ZM! Nice to know that ZM! And you are welcome :-)
DeleteMany congratulations :) loved point 3.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jas! Congrats to you too :-)
DeleteCongratulations Chatty Wren!
ReplyDeleteWe have one thing in common .. Striking up friendships with people who feel left out :)
Thanks Aarthy, congratulations to you too! Welcome to my blog!
DeleteNice to read about you and a big Congrats on all the awards :).
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachna:-)
DeleteCongratulations on your award and thank you so much for mine CW :):)
ReplyDeleteI am extremely sorry for a late response as I am not doing well health wise, keeping away from virtual world.I want you to know that this means a lot to me.Wish you many more.Happy Blogging.
Hi Kavita, thanks for writing! Wish you a speedy recovery and good health. I keep reading your blog now and then!
Deletedog with a bone -- hhehehh
ReplyDeleteembroidery ... wish i could. seems so time consuming
words over music - same here :))
CONGRATS on all the awards and thank u for remembering me
oh i really liked the 3rd poit about u ...endearing
Hey Sujatha, nice hearing from you, been a long long time! You are welcome and yes, that's me:-)
Delete